Our vehicles are so important to us so it is important that we don’t take them for granted! Here are a few things that Fairway Auto Repair recommends our customers have us check when they bring their cars in for service.
- Lights - These are often overlooked. Headlights, brake lights, turn signals and taillights are all vital to our safety!
- Brakes – Brake pads need to be replaced now and then. If they go bad…you don’t stop when you need to!
- Tire Pressure – Over-inflated or under-inflated damages the tire and shortens their life. Tire pressures need to be just right! Having a flat tire is not only an inconvenience, it can be dangerous too!
- Tire Tread – if your tread is worn, or if your tires have lumps or bumps you could slip and slide (no ice needed) and even have a blowout! This could cause an accident!
- Power Steering Fluid – Trying to drive a car without power steering is almost impossible. To keep your car under your control, this fluid is vital!
- Transmission Fluid – This fluid needs to be exchanged periodically to keep your car shifting properly and to keep it under your control.
- Coolant – No one wants to sit on the side of the road with steam pouring out of the hood due to an overheating vehicle. No one needs to if their coolant is kept in great shape and exchanged as needed from time to time!
- Air Filter – A clean air filter helps in many ways…one being fuel economy. It is an inexpensive fix and only takes a moment to replace. Filters do just what they say…filter out the bad stuff such as dirt and contaminates. We look at all filters to make sure they are doing their job.
- Alignment – If your car seems to be pulling you in the wrong direction…an alignment may be the answer! A car out of alignment has a mind of its own!
- The Oil – Last but not least, this vital fluid truly is the “life blood” of today’s vehicles. Keeping it clean and at the proper level keeps your car going strong.
These are just some of the items that keep the cars on Phoenix roads running well. They also help keep us safer as a well maintained vehicle helps prevent accidents due to mechanical failure. Fairway Auto Repair is here for you, Phoenix drivers!