AAA reports that more than 54 million Americans plan to travel for Thanksgiving. 48.5 million of those plan to travel by car and travel at least 50 miles or more! Here are a few tips:
1. Make sure you head out with a full tank of gas. While you are at it, check out your tire pressures too!
2. If you plan to load up your vehicle, check out the total weight your car can carry! In newer vehicles, it is printed on a sticker inside the driver’s door jamb.
3. Make sure you buckle up! It is the law! If traveling with children and/or pets, make sure they are properly restrained and have things to occupy them on longer trips.
4. Don’t be “that guy” who has no patience behind the wheel. Expect and prepare for traffic! No need to “lose it” as this will ruin the trip for all!
5. Don’t be distracted. Cell phones and driving don’t mix, so if you need to send a message or make a call, hand your phone to a passenger or pull over. It’s not worth risking your life or others’ lives on the road.
Wishing you and yours a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday!
From all of us at Fairway Auto Repair!