We know cars don’t really have feelings but if your car did…would it be happy with how you treat it? Think about it for just a moment. Your car does so much for you. It gets you where you need to be…and back again. It hauls you and other passengers and groceries and sometimes lots of baggage or tools or gardening supplies. If it had feelings what would it take to make it feel cared for?
- It would want to be clean and shiny…inside and out.
- The windows would be the mirror of its soul so make sure they are clean and that the wiper blades work properly.
- Fluids are essential so it would want its fluid intake to be changed when necessary so it drinks healthful fluids to lubricate all its parts.
- How are the tires? Do they resemble a worn pair of shoes or worse…a flattened donut? Has it been a while since the tires were checked for proper inflation?
- I’m sure it would want its brakes checked so it wouldn’t be in fear of crashing or running a red light!
- Is the air conditioner working properly? It wouldn’t want sweaty passengers if it could be avoided.
- Is it leaking? This would certainly embarrass a car if it had unsightly leaks leaving puddles in parking spaces and on garage floors.
- Does it hum along quietly or does the muffler make it sound loud and angry. Every car wants to have a voice but it wouldn’t want to sound like it needs anger management classes!
- How are all the lights working on the car? Turn signals, headlights and brake lights give a car confidence that it can be seen when it goes out in public.
These are just a few items that would make a car happy. Is your car happy?