Summer is almost here and that means most of us will be putting more miles on our vehicles. We want you to arrive at your destination, near or far, and here is a list of the basics to make sure you do!
- Call Fairway Auto Repair to schedule a checkup for your car! Our experts know what to look for!
- Oil is the lifeblood of your car and it needs to be clean to keep all your car’s engine parts running well. A new filter is a must with each oil change. If it isn’t clean, it can’t do its job of trapping contaminates.
- Hoses and belts also work hard to keep your car’s engine cool and if working properly, it can prevent an overheated radiator as well. We check them out to make sure they don’t crack or snap and all the connections are as they should be.
- Under-inflated or over-inflated tires can cause a blowout and certainly prematurely ages your tires. We will make sure the tire pressures are just right!
- Windshield wipers are often overlooked … until you need them! They can crack and should be changed every 6 months or so.
- Air filters catch debris so we make sure they are clean so they can do their job properly.
- Brakes need to be in proper working order so you can stop when you need to…on a dime if necessary. Leaks and aging brake pads need to be maintained or changed before they become a problem.
- The coolant allows all the moving metal parts to work properly. When coolant gets old or is depleted those parts can fuse together, and this causes major problems. It is very preventable with the proper maintenance. We will check this out for you so you don’t find yourself stranded on the side of the road with steam coming from underneath the hood.
- Batteries do not like heat. Hot weather can actually cause a battery to become overcharged and that shortens its life. We will clean the cables and the terminals and make sure all connections are secure.
- Air conditioning is something we take for granted…until we don’t have it! Today’s AC systems are very complex and certainly the maintenance and repair of this system is best left to the professionals. We will assess the situation and let you know if there is a problem and how best to fix it
Call us today and enjoy your summer!